Jeff and I decided to start a few back to school traditions. The first was a back to school feast the night before school starts. We thought we'd do something completely unexpected and different: Banana Splits!
The boys thought this was super cool. We did have to make sure to have a healthier snack before bed, but it was so fun to do something out of the norm. We also picked a theme for our school year, one that we will work on as a family and incorporate into FHE's and other goals we are working on:
The boys were so adorable with their yummy banana splits:
And then the whole reason for our celebrating:
He LOVED his first day of kindergarten. No tears from either of us! I gave him his pocket heart full of mom's love, he held my hand into the classroom, and gave me a hug and said goodbye.
He was so thrilled and happy to be there, I couldn't possibly be sad.
He was so thrilled and happy to be there, I couldn't possibly be sad.
I love this boy and how much we are learning together. I am so excited for this new adventure of his!!
Tave starts preschool tomorrow, we'll see how he does!
5 comments:
I totally forgot to tell you! When we were watching the boys a couple weeks ago, they wanted a treat and I gave them some fruit snacks, and Weston said, "Maybe our next treat can be a healthy one?" hahaha! You are teaching them well!
He looks sooooo happy! Don't you just love holding hands with your babies (or big kids)? I think it's one of the best parts of being the mom!
Good Luck to both of them!!!
I love the traditions and Weston is so cute and so is the pocket heart. I am so excited for Nathaniel to eventually start kindergarten. It seems like such a fun time in life for both mom's and kids.
Hmmm...I am thinking of back to work Banana splits...you know each night eat a split in anticipation for the upcoming work day...I like how you think.
Wow, you have been busy updating! The banana splits are such a fun tradition. I'm sure your boys loved it. The pictures of them with their backpacks are so cute. I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up! I'm so glad that we are so close that they are all becoming such good friends.
Post a Comment