Friday, November 19, 2010

So low

The boys and I had a funny converstation tonight as I was putting them to bed. We had just finished reading one of our superhero stories and they had been fighting over who got to bring the Superman toy with them to sleep. So I found Batman and Robin and made them sound super cool for Tave since West had picked Superman first. This is what resulted:

Me: Oooh, Tave, you can bring ROBIN with you too, that way you have Batman AND Robin, how cool is that. They ARE the Dynamic Duo! (as read in our book)
Tave: oKay! Cool, Batman AND Robin.
Me: Yup, because Batman is the hero and Robin is his sidekick.
Weston: (starting to think he got gyped) Hey, does Superman have a sidekick?
Me: No, because he flies SOLO! (making it sound like a really awesome thing to do.)

I think the converstation is over.
Then:

West: Mom! Look at Superman flying low! (Weston is spinning around and having Superman fly close to the ground)
Me: laughing. A lot. Hey, bud you're right, he is flying So Low. Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahaha.

I love my kids.

2 comments:

Amanda D said...

He is too cute! By the way, I can't believe he tried octopus! I love that you post conversations that you have with your kiddo's. Too funny that you have to convince both that both are cool and yet they wouldn't want to other toy at the same time.

Karen said...

This is so funny! I love that you write all these things down because I can't remember the funny and cute things you all said while growing up.