Conference Weekend is my favorite. I love being spiritually uplifted and edified, the personal revelation received, and the desire and determination to be better. More than anything, I love feeling like it IS possible to become the person I want to be- the person my Savior wants me to be.
My aunt took this beautiful picture of the Salt Lake Temple. It reminds me of this weekend and that changes are possible. We can always be a little better, and it all starts here.
My aunt, Meg, was in town for the weekend and we were SO glad she took some time out of her busy, full weekend to see us. We had a blast! This is how she won over the boys:
(that's her iphone) West had been so excited for days to hang out with her. I told him she was my aunt but she's also a gramma, so he could call her Nana Meg. He loved that idea and just kept talking about when 'the gramma who's not my gramma comes to play with me...'
We had my family over for Easter lunch and of course the kiddos had to do one more hunt together! It's always a lot of crazy fun when we get together. Someday maybe we'll get around to playing adult games again, but for now it's all about the food and the kids. Here's the whole group:
We had a delicious lunch of pork bbq sandwiches (recipe found here - AWESOME)
and then everyone brought DeLicIoUs sides. Abby's was the coolest looking so we had to get a shot:
Random pics from the hunt and the hanging out:
We didn't think to take a pic with Meg until the end when most everyone had gone home...so here's us girls:
It was a wonderful day full of all the things that matter most.
Thanks everyone, for a beautiful Easter!


2 comments:
It looks like so much fun! I love Easter, and I love conference. It made for a really great weekend. Ok, and I knew you got your hair colored, but I almost couldn't tell you and shar apart in these pics! It looks great!
almost your whole family is there. just mckennon and your parents are missing. That is pretty fun. I wish I lived closer to my siblings!
Post a Comment